Spiral Test Molds for Thermoset Transfer or Thermoplastic Injection Molding
ASTM Thermoset Spiral Hand Mold:
For measuring the flow of thermoset epoxy materials, the Spiral Flow mold is manufactured according to the specifications of the ASTM test number, D3123-98, and has been designed for measuring the flow of thermoset type molding compounds under specific conditions.
- The Spiral Flow length is 103″ with 1″ marks engraved into the spiral body. (Metric units also available.)
- All construction will be of medium-alloy air-hardened tool steel (A-2), polished and flash chrome plated.
- The ASTM flow mold is a hand-style mold designed to run in conjunction with a press heat platen that contains heaters and pot.
Thermoplastic Spiral Test Molds:
For measuring the flow of thermoplastic materials in an injection molding press.
- The standard mold is a modular unit designed to fit into a MUD 94/90 modular frame and has a 1/16″ dp x 1/8″ wd x 103″ long spiral with 1″ marks engraved into the spiral body. (Metric units also available.)
- Custom tool sizes and spiral designs can be manufactured to order. Flash chrome plating is offered as an option.