We are excited to announce the availability of the new Sinterstar Mini! Boschman Technologies unveiled this system earlier this month at the productronica trade show in Munich. Boschman was founded in 1987 and is a family-owned Dutch company offering advanced packaging solutions and specializing in advanced transfer molding and sintering systems. NDC International represents Boschman Package Development in the Eastern United States.
Sinterstar Mini – Your Entry System for Ag Sintering
Boschman listened closely to the real needs of users and the result of their feedback is the Sinterstar Mini – an an affordable entry system for silver sintering designed for small sintering trials. Ideal for universities, labs, R&D departments and smaller companies, this system can be set up in 45 minutes and offers very fast changeover allowing users to efficiently run different products and process tests.
- Easy to use & quick to operate
- Remarkably fast change-over times
- Sinters a very wide range of products including:
- Package-to-Heatsink attach applications
- Dimensions ranging from 2x2x 0,01mm up to 100x100x80mm.
This system is outfitted with the the same intuitive user interface as the larger Sinterstar models, as well as the same application software. As such, it delivers maximum process monitoring and control including a fully programmable temperature profile.
Utilizing Dynamic Insert Technology
One of the main advantages of the Sinterstar Mini is that is utilizes Boschman’s patented Dynamic Insert Technology. This technology provides maximum control and guarantees a uniform pressure necessary for Ag Sintering. It ensures that the bond line is homogenous in thickness and density, thus ensuring superior performance and reliability.
- The pressure can be varied easily via parameter setting on HMI
- Closed loop process control – the insert pressure follows the programmed pressure
- The Universal Base Tool contains one dynamic insert
- System requires minimal maintenance
Sinterstar Mini Universal Base Tool
The system’s Universal Base Tool offers incredible flexibility and is a great match for research and quick prototyping purposes. For a unique product, only dedicated inserts and alignment plates are required. In addition, these parts are fast and easy to exchange.
The Universal Base Tool consists of:
- Base top tool for 1 dynamic Insert in a slide
- Base bottom tool including product jig with N2 supply
- Product height conversion set from 0,01-80 mm
- 1x film roll, 50um thickness, 120mm width, 100m length
- 3 standard dynamic insert units are separately available: 22x22mm, 66x66mm and 100x100mm
Interested in learning more? Call Don Johnson today at 215-355-2460!