NDC International is the North American distributor for the Kulicke & Soffa (K&S) dicing blades and capillaries. K&S Capillary Consumables has over 40 years of experience and is a leader in the semiconductors assembly industry – developing and manufacturing advanced bonding tools for a wide array of applications. Their latest capillary products offer enhanced bonding quality and best cost-of-ownership.
Quantis™ QFN: Cutting Edge Solutions for Copper Wire Bonding
Based on the most advanced ceramics composite platform, Quantis™ QFN is a copper wire bonding capillary product that capitalizes on K&S’ extensive copper wire applications experience. Incorporating innovatively engineered geometrical designs, the Quantis™ QFN is designed to handle the most difficult process challenges on a range of QFN carriers.
• New RP1™ material – highest micro-structure quality and improved resistance to failure
• Superior mechanical properties – improves consistency of performance
• Improved process stability and portability
• Larger bonding parametric (process) window
• Higher response consistency between capillaries
• Competitive cost-of-ownership
• Slower tip wear rate with enhanced design and material mechanical properties
• Enhanced workability which translates into higher productivity
• More bonds per capillary and per hour
• Copper wire diameter range: 0.7 – 2.5 [mil] • Copper wire type: Any
• Package carrier families: Mid pin-count QFN’s & QFP’s (and their various sub-types)
TeraCap™: Capillaries for Advanced Memory & Logic Devices
TeraCap™ is the latest capillary series for advanced memory and logic devices packaging using either gold or silver wire.
• New iZX high quality composite ceramics
• Tighter control over critical dimensions -0/+1 [μm] • Designed specifically for various memory devices structures (stacked, deep access, overhang) and bonding modes
• Excellent bonding and looping consistency (yield)
• Superior workability (MTBA – more bonds per hour)
• Extended durability (more bonds per capillary)
• Bond pad pitch [μm]: 40 – 120
• Wire diameter [μm]: 15 – 33
• Wire type: any gold and silver alloy wire
• Device types: any memory and logic devices
For more detailed information on these capillaries download this presentation: K&S Capillaries – Enhancing Bonding Quality with Best Cost-of-Ownership.